Friday 11 November 2011

Blog Post 6: Mockingjay- Haymitch

        In Mockingjay the "mentor" is Haymitch.
   Haymitch trains and encourages Peeta and Katniss as they go through the Hunger Games. Now they've met some new obstacles and Haymitch has new roles but he still keeps his mentor personality. He teachs, gives his (sometimes unwanted) opinions, and overall compainion and person to talk to.
   He also has some attributes of the shapeshifter. At the beginning you don't know whether to trust him or hate him, because he asks very rude and mysterious. katniss doesn't know how to feel about him either which makes the reader even less assured.
He is more a mentor but has parts of a shapeshifter in his personality.

3 comments:

  1. Good post! I am only on the first novel in the series, but I am really looking forward to the third novel from this post! Your description of the mentor is very good, and I can tell that he is the mentor. To change some things, I would fix some of the spelling errors, and possibly add a picture just so I could relate. I might also add a quote by Haymitch. Overall, very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Julia said, I would encourage you to add a few more things about/said by Haymitch. Also, I would encourage you to really dig deeper into why you think Haymitch takes the role of the archetypal shapeshifter. What causes him to act this why? Do certain events trigger his actions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you! I recently did a blog post about haymitch and said that he fit into both character archetypes as well. I really liked your definition of a mentor and how you told us what quality's he has that make him a good mentor. I also agree that a quote could have added to it, but overall a well writen and detailed post!

    ReplyDelete